06 July 2006

Riding isn't always inspirational

Went for a ride at 5am this morning. Went through all the sleeping neighborhoods and passed a few gutter bunnies on my way. Waved hello when I could and then pushed my way out to bellfountain. Cruised around lost in my thoughts till my legs started burning -- Decided to head back before I bonked. Came back in to Corvallis just as things were picking up. Stopped off for a caffeine fix, but decided on tea instead. Missing all the elements that have moved away, happy to see the students gone, wishing for the rain,… head full of contradictions.

Tomorrow: Another bike ride, running up and down the soccer fields to spare my knees, packing up the super hero costume and heading for sunnier terrain.

2 Comments:

Blogger crallspace said...

You rode all the way to BellFountain?

If you visit my blog and scroll down about 4 posts, I have photos of that sleepy lil town.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Yup, Yup... it's a gorgeous relaxing ride... love the way the fields melt away with the cadence of my legs, of the pedals, of the machine...

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home