12 July 2006

in the middle of my heart there is a void

I went running and I didn’t stop until my head hurt and my nose ran… I ran till I collapsed in the green grass of a soccer field and then I lay there… and let it rain. And I let those thick heavy rain drops, those tears of July, those caresses of summer wash over me.

I hate what you did. And even more I hate what I did. The summer reveals a million reminders of you, us, of nearly a year since it really fell apart. And I became what you wanted and what I fought after we were all said and done. And then yesterday, I said, “enough.”

I went running this morning and I didn’t stop till I had made up my mind that the pain was enough, that it was o.k. to cry with the rest of the world. Wet, I came home, and I boxed you up, hid you away, returned back to where you came from.

1 Comments:

Blogger bwestcott said...

I was just reading your blog, and you remind me very much of a good friend of mine. Not just similar writing, but similar sentiment. Anyway, if you wanted to read some of the things she has to say... (I don't know much about how myspace works, but her blog is http://www.myspace.com/interdisciplinary)

Anyway, cheers, keep posting!

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home