27 July 2006

I may regret this later.. but here goes anyways

Growing up in Central Oregon as the child of an 60 yr old who grew up there of a now dead old grandfather who basically grew up there as an old west doctor... blah blah blah.. nothing cracks me up more, bugs me more, pisses me off, etc etc as "new bend" blood.

http://benditees.blogspot.com/ <-- is an example of such.

VIP tickets does not equal instant backstage - the only thing a vip ticket in bend gets you (well, see previous post).
Secondly, Patron is not good tequila they just spend a lot of money on U.S. marketing (go, ask any mexican).

I liked Bend before it was Portland's hidden getaway, before half of California moved there, before Montana decided to transplant in... Nothing chaps me more than people touting that they're local when they've been there for two years. Nothing chaps me more than when I watch sacred grounds descrated, houses built on only campsites, assholes driving giant pick-up trucks/hummers/blah blah.

Fuck Pronghorn.

And now for something completely different... like happy thoughts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Salmonberry Bend, Oregon said...

Wow...

I moved to Bend when I was 4 years old in the 70's. Juniper through MVHS. I think that qualifies me as a local.

I lived in Mexico for a while and the region I was at loved Patron?

You're right about the VIP/Backstage thinger mer bobber. We were going to get both but it all fell through. Should've waited before the estatic shout.

Sorry to piss ya off.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home